Thursday, March 5, 2015

First Look........Ruby Kisses Matte Lipsticks!!!

Hi guys,


This winter is giving me the “natural hair blues” and my wig wearing is in full swing.  I did venture into the crochet braids arena and did them myself.  When I say I LOVED THEM, that is an understatement.  What I didn’t love, however was the time it took to put them in and the taking them out.  I am almost certain that I cut chunks of hair out of my head while trying to take those things out.  With that said, I decided it might be a good idea to get the best of both works, crochet style hair but removable….yeap, make a crochet wig.  That didn’t turn out exactly as planned (that is for another post) however, while I was in the beauty supply store I did what I almost NEVER do; I went to the makeup section.  I don’t know why I usually avoid make-up in the beauty supply stores but what really caught my eye was the Ruby Kisses Matte Lipsticks that I had been hearing tons about on YouTube and Instagram.  Needless to say, I decided to take the plunge.  I picked up 5 shades that appeal to my inner lipstick snobbery and decided to give them a whirl……

The packaging is simply black plastic, not very sturdy but hey, I got all 5 tubes for $15.00.   

The colors are super bright and look gorgeous.  I took a whiff because for some reason, I smell everything, especially if I plan on putting it on my face or body.  It has a very faint almost non-existent smell…..kinda like a crayon.

The colors from left to right are Blackism, Purple Affair, Brown Sugar (my fav, ya’ll know I love me a bomb nude), Dark Plum Scene and Vampire Red.

I’ve yet to wear these colors out and about so I can’t review their wear ability just yet but I have worn Brown Sugar for a few hours and I loved it.  It wore beautifully and I even ate and drank with it on and had minimal transfer.   So far, so good.  All in all, it was well worth the $5.00 a piece that I spent on them. Until next time dolls, be good…………….

 

 

~Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

RubyRules. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY labinastudio.